STANDARD APPAREL INTERNSHIP
Currently hiring for our Toronto location: 87 Wingold Ave, Unit 1, Toronto, M6B 1P8
Standard Apparel is interested in meeting new people who are eager to learn and gain experience in the fashion industry, specifically in the field of wholesale distribution. At Standard Apparel we support students from various backgrounds by providing them with the opportunity to gain firsthand, on-the-job knowledge.
The internship program at Standard Apparel is focused on the merchandising of product in the showroom for the purpose of sales. As an intern in our company, you will have the opportunity to learn about the fashion business, its sales cycles and distribution processes, while gaining professional experience and networking within the field.
The intern learns valuable skills in the following areas:
- Showroom Merchandising
- Overall design and display techniques
- Fashion styling
- Prop construction
- Lighting techniques
- Marketing - conducting market research, market books, and brand binders
- Sales cycle – exposure to how clients buy product and follow-up required
- Product tracking – from warehouse to showroom
- Preparing product for showing - tagging samples, steaming apparel
Our ideal applicants are serious candidates with excellent communication, organizational and merchandising skills. We are looking for candidates who have flexible schedules and a minimum availability of 2-3 days per week. The internship runs from the beginning of January, 2016 until April, 2016.
Kindly note that, this is an unpaid internship position, however, we offer school credit for students required to complete work-study hours, and we guarantee to provide a rewarding learning experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Showroom Merchandising
- Processing and preparing samples for display
- Assisting with Social Media
- Sample Inventory Management
- Assisting with, and tracking sample requests
- Preparation of marketing materials
- Assisting with market appointments
- Assisting with order processing and inventory reports
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Students or graduates from a post-secondary program with a focus in Business, Fashion, Communication or a related field.
- Motivated individuals with great communication, organizational and merchandising skills.
- Must be a team player as well as having the ability to work independently.
- Experience using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WordPress.
- Experience using Excel and Adobe would be considered an asset.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
To apply for this position please send your Cover Letter and Resume to Standard Apparel at firstname.lastname@example.org